Friday, June 27, 2008

Feeling Down

have just went back to work for the 1st time in 5 years.It has really been hard on the kids.Austin is acting out and Morgan is wanting to be with me more than usual.Like tonight Morgan wanted to know when I was going to bed so she could go with me.She wanted to sleep with me.When I asked why she wanted to sleep with me she tells me because I miss you.That just broke my heart to pieces.I did shed a few tears over what she said.I know that it is helping us all out by me going back to work.I just feel like I am neglecting my family by not being home all the time.I am so tired when I come home from work that I don't even want to cook them dinner.I just hope we can all adjust to me working again.I am doing this for them.I hope they know how much I love them and miss them when I am at work.

3 comments:

Iva said...

I think this is a little unknown secret shared among working women.

Personally, I feel that I have no business working outside the home, but like you, I must do to alleviate the stress on my husband and get those little extras that make life worth living (like ice cream!)

It's a double-edged sword, gf. Danged if we do, danged if we don't.

About the only thing we CAN do, I think, is just really cherish the times we are with our kids.

This is why I was so thankful for my job at the kitchen last year -- it allowed me to work when the kids were in school (and I wouldn't be missed, too much) and allowed me to be home when they were home.

Of course, there's always the whole field trip thing and class parties that you tend to miss out on...

It's just a double edged sword and it's very sad.

Take comfort, dear friend, you are not alone in your plight.

Linda said...

You are so right, Iva. FYI, I went back to work after 9 yrs, boy, was it hard, now, I am back to being a sahm.

Anyways, I just wanted you to know, (like my good friend, Iva) that you are not alone..

GaGirl27 said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies!!!I know we will adjust in time!!!